Nirjala Ekadashi/Pandav Ekadashi/Bhimsaini Ekadashi
29th May 2015 is Nirjala Ekadasi
Nirjala Ekadashi is a most necessary and vital Ekadashis. As per Hindu calendar Ekadashi falls on the eleventh day of each lunar fortnight. So, 24 Ekadasis within the year. Ekadashi Vrat is considered extremely pious and is assumed to be one of the methods to realize Moksha.
Nirjala Ekadashi falls on the Shukla paksha within the month of Jyestha. Additionally it is referred to as "Jyeshtha Shukla Ekadashi" or "Bhimsaini Ekadashi". It's considered as one of the vital rewarding fast.Lord Krishna.
Significance of Nirjala Ekadashi
- The greatness of Nirjala Ekadasi was defined by Sage Vyasa.
- It is the same as occurring pilgrimage.
- It gives advantage of all 24 Ekadashi.
- It washes away all sin.
- Grants happiness, prosperity, longevity and moksha (salvation).
- This Ekadasi occurs earlier than monsoon season and due to this fact it is usually helps in cleaning the body.
- The best way to Observe Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat
Nirjala means with out water. Therefore, fast is observed with out water and food. It's thought of as probably the most strict and therefore, most sacred of all Ekadashis. This fast is extraordinarily troublesome to comply with because it falls within the hot Indian summer. The 24 hours lengthy fast begins from sunrise on Nirjala Ekadashi to sunrise the following day. A person fast and provide pooja to Lord Vishnu on this day.
The fast begins with Sandhyavandanam - a prayer. This prayer is carried out within the evening earlier than Nirjala Ekadashi, i.e. on tenth lunar day. After prayer devotee takes just one meal, with out rice (as rice consuming is prohibited). The strict fast steady all through Ekadashi. It will get over on subsequent morning. Devotees offer prayer, tulsi, fruits, and sweets to Lord Vishnu after which finish their fast.
Rituals and celebrations of Nirjala Ekadasi
- Provide Pooja to Lord Vishnu and search his grace.
- Bath the idol of Lord Vishnu with Panchamrit.
- Wash with clear water after which wearing new clothes.
- Provide flowers, incense, water, lamps and a hand fan.
- In night, pooja Vishnu with Durva grass.
- Go to close by Vishnu temple and observe Jagran at night.
- Chant bhajans, Vishnu Sahasranama and different slokas devoted to Lord Vishnu
- Donate garments, meals grains, umbrellas, hand-fans, pitchers crammed with water, gold etc.
Legend of Nirjala Ekadashi Vrat
Bhimsen - the second Pandava brother and large eater wished to maintain Ekadashi Vrat. All his brothers, spouse Draupadi and mom Kunti observed Vrat on 24 Ekadasis all year long and request him to do the same. However he was unable to carry out the ritual because of insufferable starvation pangs. Bhima, was upset as a result of his weak determination. He was additionally sacred of dishonouring to Lord Vishnu. So, when Maharishi Vyasa visited them Bhima requested him to discover a solution. Sage Vyasa suggested him to watch single Nirjala Ekadasi fasting. This fast would compensate for not observing all Ekadashi fasting within the year. Bhima carried out the fast with an ease but on the morning of very subsequent day he grew to become unconscious. Then he supplied Ganga water with Tulsi to finish up his day fast. On account of this legend Nirjala Ekadashi is usually generally known as Bhimseni Ekadashi, Bhima Ekadashi or Pandava Ekadashi.
Puja/Retual on Nirjala Ekadashi
You can perform Puja rituals on this day.....