Guru Purnima 2015
31 July 2015
Hindus attach supreme significance to religious teachers. Gurus (spiritual teachers) tend to be associated with God (bhagwan) and constantly looked at as a link between the person plus the Immortal. Just like the moon shines by showing the light of the sun (surya), and glorifies it, all followers can dazzle such as moon by gaining from their Gurus.
What exactly is Guru Purnima?
The complete moon day in the Hindu month of Ashad (July-August) is observed as the fortunate day of Guru Purnima, a day revered to the memory of the grand sage Maharshi Veda Vyasa.
Every Hindus are grateful to the historical saint who modified the 4 Vedas, wrote the eighteen Puranas, Mahabharata plus the Srimad Bhagavatam. Vyasa even taught Dattatreya, who's considered the Guru of Gurus.
Meaning of Guru Purnima
On this day, all religious applicants and followers worship Vyasa honoring his divine personage and all followers perform 'puja/sadhana' of their respected religious preceptor or 'Gurudevs'.
This present day is of deep implication to the farmers, for it heralds the establishing of the much-needed rains, since the advent of cool showers usher in fresh life in the fields. It's a great time to start your religious education. Conventionally, religious finders will make stronger their spiritual 'sadhana/puja/Mantra chanting' from this day.
The period 'Chaturmas' ("four months") starts from this day. During the past, wandering religious gurus and their followers used to cool down at a place to study and discussion in the Brahma Sutras composed by Vyasa, and have interaction them selves in Vedantic debate.
The Role of the (Guru) Religious teacher
Shivanand Das ji says: "Do you understand there are holy implication and the great significance of the Guru's role in the structuring of man? It wasn't with no the India of the past watchfully tended and kept alive the lamp of Guru-Tattva. For this reason it is not without cause that India, time after time, era after age, celebrates anew this olden concise explanation the Guru, loves it and pays reverence to it regularly, and thus re-affirms its perception and loyalty to it. For, the true Indian recognizes that the Guru is a only assurance of the individual to go beyond the bondage of sadness and death, and skill the Intelligence of the Reality."
गुरु पुर्णिमा के पावन पर्व पर क्या करे!!!
- अपने गुरु को फोन द्वारा, इमेल द्वारा वाट्सअप् द्वारा संपर्क कर आशिर्वाद प्राप्त करे
- आज के दिन अपने परिवार के साथ किसी मंदिर मे जाकर ईश्वर का दर्शन अवश्य करे.
- आज के दिन अपने से बडे व्यक्ति का आशिर्वाद अवश्य प्राप्त करे.
- आज के दिन गुरु के निर्देशानुसार मन्त्र जप करे या किसी देवी-देवता का मन्त्र जप अवश्य करे.
- आज के दिन गुरु से गुरु दिक्षा या कोई अन्य दिक्षा अवश्य ले.
- आज के दिन कोई भी साधना की शुरुवात करे या साधना से संबंधित दिक्षा अवश्य ले.
- आज के दिन अध्यात्मिक सामग्री को अवश्य खरीदे.
- आज के दिन किसी भी व्यक्ति का बुरा न सोचे, बल्कि अपने व अपने परिवार के खुशहाल भविष्य के बारे मे कामना करे.
What to do on Guru Purnima?
- Contact your Guru via phone, email or whatsapp to get blessings from him.
- Visit a nearby temple with your family for blessings from God.
- Pay respect to your elders and get blessed.
- Taking guidance from your Guru, chant particular mantra of any god/goddess and do the related required japa.
- Gain Guru diksha or any other diksha from your respective Guru.
- On this day, begin any type of Sadhana / puja & do take the necessary related diksha.
- You must buy any Spiritual product on this auspicious day.
- On this day, do not surround yourself with negative thoughts and hatred towards people, think well of everyone and especially pray for a healthy, wealthy and blessed future of you & your family.